Original podcasts provide authentic and engaging cultural insight!
9 topics | 18 podcasts | 36 worksheets
Designed to inspire gifted and talented GCSE students and spark advanced learning, podcasts and activities showcase challenging language in a natural and informal way.
A male and a female native speaker provide varied cultural perspectives from different target-language countries on topical and challenging issues – based on the GCSE specs – to boost knowledge and generate debate.
Your top learners will:
- hone their listening comprehension skills and develop better pronunciation
- learn new vocabulary and grammar to reuse – including idioms, colloquialisms and key expressions
- apply their knowledge to a variety of stimulating activities
Each podcast is accompanied by a transcript of about 250–300 words and two worksheets.
Worksheet 1 uses the recording with activities on:
- vocabulary and transcribing
- non-verbal comprehension (including choosing the correct summary, picking the correct statements, true or false, multiple-choice, etc.)
- verbal comprehension (including comprehension questions, writing a summary, explaining the meaning of expressions, etc.)
Worksheet 2 uses the transcript with activities on:
- translation – from and into the target language
- speaking OR writing (creative or exam-focused)
A3 speaker profiles provide a fun mind map of the key issues covered across the podcasts for students to fill in.
An amazing resource. The potential uses are very versatile: independently, in a small group with FLA or TA, as a class. The coverage of the different topics prescribed by the specifications is fabulous. The range of activities is fabulous and these activities match the requirements of the GCSE Listening comprehension questions as well as stretch the more able students by using some A Level-style questions (summary questions). The cultural input is also very much welcomed. I would buy this resource. It would reduce prepping time because everything is available (sound files, questions, follow-up tasks, scripts, answers) and it is very versatile. – I Rodriguez, HoD & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £79+VAT
Click here for full details and to order.