Original podcasts provide authentic and engaging cultural insight!
9 topics | 18 podcasts | 36 worksheets
Designed to inspire gifted and talented GCSE students and spark advanced learning, podcasts and activities showcase challenging language in a natural and informal way.
A male and a female native speaker provide varied cultural perspectives from different target-language countries on topical and challenging issues – based on the GCSE specs – to boost knowledge and generate debate.
Your top learners will:
- hone their listening comprehension skills and develop better pronunciation
- learn new vocabulary and grammar to reuse – including idioms, colloquialisms and key expressions
- apply their knowledge to a variety of stimulating activities
Each podcast is accompanied by a transcript of about 250–300 words and two worksheets.
Worksheet 1 uses the recording with activities on:
- vocabulary and transcribing
- non-verbal comprehension (including choosing the correct summary, picking the correct statements, true or false, multiple-choice, etc.)
- verbal comprehension (including comprehension questions, writing a summary, explaining the meaning of expressions, etc.)
Worksheet 2 uses the transcript with activities on:
- translation – from and into the target language
- speaking OR writing (creative or exam-focused)
A3 speaker profiles provide a fun mind map of the key issues covered across the podcasts for students to fill in.
This is a fantastic resource to challenge gifted and talented Spanish students, preparing them not only for the demands of the more challenging higher GCSE exam-style questions, but also providing activities which should prepare them for the AS Spanish course. The most useful things about this resource are the exposure to idiomatic phrases and the chance to listen to more authentic Spanish texts. The language is more in keeping with the language students would need to understand if they travel to Spanish speaking countries and want to communicate with people their own age. Though the language is challenging, I think the activities help to break the content down to aid students in understanding what is going on. The multiple choice translation and résumé activities are excellent to ensure students focus on specific details of tenses or the little words which can change the meaning of a sentence. These exercises force students to read for detail, rather than simply for gist. – D Rafferty, Teacher & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £79+VAT
Click here for full details and to order.