Prepare students for the unfamiliar listening section of the exam with these comprehensive guides. Each provides contextual information, breakdown of musical elements, activities and exam practice for each area of study! Detailed commentary is accompanied by annotated score excerpts and definitions of key concepts, deepening knowledge and understanding.
- Contextual information on musical style and key composers provides a foundation for study.
- Covers all of Edexcel’s suggested wider listening plus even more pieces from the area of study.
- Thorough notes on Edexcel’s musical elements ensure all key areas are covered.
- Interspersed technical terms and a full glossary reinforce the key terminology.
- Information and tips show students how to succeed.
- Concise revision summaries and engaging activities check and apply knowledge.
- Exam-style questions with mark schemes and indicative content ensure your students are fully prepared for the exam.
“A very detailed document with much potential and opportunity for pupils to expand on their learning.
The detail and historical context was good and accurate. I also enjoyed the range of different musical examples and explanations of musical elements.
There is much information in here and some excellent examples to enable learners to build on their wider knowledge and understanding through wider listening. The practice questions will aid learning and consolidation of learning.” – T Hall, Head of Music & Peer Reviewer
“The technical design of the resource is clear to see and the author has chosen good music repertoire in the selected examples of wider music listening.
The practice and revision questions are aimed at the right level for GCSE.” – R Brown, Teacher and Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £64
Click here for full details and to order.