Full analysis of all the General Elections written specifically for the new A Level specification. Provides an in-depth chronology of events, from the key context, the campaigns and the media, right up to analysis of the final result.
Students get the knowledge they need…:
- Key terms and objectives at the start of each chapter focus students’ learning
- Learning grids and classroom activities consolidate knowledge and test understanding
- Illustrated with graphs, polls and manifesto comparisons – breaks down knowledge for students and is great for visual learners
… and the key skills for the exam!:
- Debate questions throughout stretch and challenge students to consider ‘why’ each factor impacted on the election result.
- Includes analysis of the result against pre-2010 and post-2010 elections – puts the result in context and develops key comparison skills.
- Finally, two example exam essays with full mark schemes put those skills to the test.