Introduce your students to some of the greatest composers and musicians of all time with this fun and fresh approach to KS3 Music. Each resource contains 6 one-hour comprehensive lesson plans, which include a starter, main, plenary and homework task.
Links with Key Stage 3 National Curriculum aims → to perform, listen to, review and evaluate the works of the great composers and musicians
Inspire your students!
- Stimulating worksheets for every lesson
- Varied activities support different learnings styles
- Fun music-making tasks bring each topic to life
- Lessons differentiated for a range of abilities
- Strong cross-curricular links give context and relevance to classical music within each music period
- Comprehensive lesson plans – ready to use or adapt to your class’s needs
- Clear schemes of work closely linked to the KS3 curriculum:
- Builds on skills and knowledge through performing, composing and listening
- Uses staff notations accurately and appropriately
- Develops a deep understanding of music and its history
- All answers provided – perfect for AfL and speedy peer-assessment
Classical: Help students get to know the classics: Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven and the period as a whole with six highly structured lessons.
‘I loved the range of listening examples – they covered a wide range of composers, musical styles… It not only shows off the composers of the time but also looks at the factors which effected the music which is important if you are going to understand the classical period as a whole. Pupils learn to identity a wide range of classical music… The starter worksheets were very clear and a nice way to start the lesson… The questions started of easy and progressively got harder… The lessons were clearly laid out and very easy to understand and follow.’ – S Barber, Head of Music and Drama & Peer Reviewer
‘There are some clever tasks… A fascinating insight for your more able students.’ – L Williams, Teacher & Expert Reviewer
‘The writing and the tasks are at an appropriate level… There is a good balance of listening, discussion and creativity.’ – T Scammel, Teacher & Expert Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £44
Click here for full details and to order.