Dealing with the grim reality and futility of war, Journey’s End is an unrelenting insight into life in the trenches towards the end of World War I as Stanhope and his officers await attack. Support students in conquering the play’s key themes of gallantry, camaraderie and accountability with ‘extremely thorough and detailed’ notes and analysis.
- Walk-through – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All acts of the play are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Suggested answers are provided for questions and activities.
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key quotations for each section
- Key term glossary
- Further reading suggestions
- Original illustrations
“A comprehensive exploration of the text with useful tips on how to write analytically and address the spec assessment objectives… Accessible for students; explores each scene carefully… Allows students to look closely at the text; a good way to review the text as a whole; Illuminating context to help students understand the references” – M Render, Head of English & Peer Reviewer (Previous Edition)
“Extremely thorough and detailed. The author plainly has substantial knowledge of the play… The scene summaries and analyses are incredibly comprehensive and the questions offer thoughtful insights… The activities are diverse and there is opportunity for differentiation there.” – L Stansfield, English Teacher & Peer Reviewer (Previous Edition)
“Useful for pupils in providing detailed summaries… Good resource for revision and to accompany classroom study of the play… Detailed response to characterisation” – D Cave, Head of English & Peer Reviewer (Previous Edition)
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £69
Click here for full details and to order.