Controversial subject matter, sinister villains and a powerful female tragic heroine make The Duchess of Malfi an extraordinary work among its Jacobean contemporaries.
With advanced learners at its core, this pack guides students through some of the key issues relating to the text, including its intriguing contexts, structure and themes, to uncover Webster’s dark moral universe, in which evil masquerades as good, and selfishness takes the face of honour.
Look out for!
- Further reading suggestions
- Key term boxes to encourage students to use sophisticated language
Comprehensive notes, questions and exam-preparation material investigating the influential contexts and themes of The Duchess of Malfi for a fuller, more sophisticated understanding. Pitched to the 2015 AS and A Level specifications, these packs inspire your strongest students to go the extra mile in their journey towards exam success.
Pushing high achievers…
- Informative notes encourage students to think independently about the core aspects of the play, including characters, form, genre and themes
- Packed with questions to promote intelligent discussion – the perfect springboard for higher-level analysis
- Suggestions for wider reading empower students to foster an individual critical stance towards the play
To reach those top marks!
- Exam-style questions provide extensive practice for creative, unique responses
- Higher-level sample answers with examiner commentary help students recognise what makes a good answer
- Revision and exam tips help students focus answers to gain top marks
- A carefully constructed historical timeline
- Indicative content for all questions
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £54
Click here for full details and to order.