Things I Know to be True Springboard Scheme of Work for GCSE
Set text on the 2016 AQA spec
A heavyweight of a play, Things I Know to Be True deals with issues are that universal and unrelenting. Through the experiences of the Price family, students can examine powerful themes, including love, identity, duty and resilience.
Covering key thematic and theatrical elements, this Springboard Scheme of Work will help students to gain solid grounding of the events of the play while exploring performance, design and directorial aspects:
- 8 one-hour lessons explore all relevant aspects of the play – including context, characters, themes, form, and staging
- Chronological exploration of scenes
- Lesson plans with starters, mains, plenaries and homeworks, plus plenty of ideas for differentiation
- Variety of practical activities engages students with active exploration, experimentation and peer- and self-evaluation
- Ready-to-use handouts mean minimal preparation – also perfect as quick, end-of-year revision sheets!
Fully geared towards the 2016 GCSE AQA Drama specification, these exciting and engaging lessons will increase students’ core knowledge – and develop crucial dramatic skills.
Perfect preparation for not only the written exam, but for any other component of the course!
‘A really good resource that has good coverage of the play but also a good mixture of practical, design and homework tasks.
The lesson plans are engaging and give scope for personalisation.
The resource would give coverage of the play and a chance to explore it practically. The resource has lesson plans that can be delivered as is or shaped around to a specific exam syllabus.’ – A Henshaw, Teacher of Drama & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £44
Click here for full details and to order.