Component Group 2: Literature and Culture
Students will experience life in the Mycenaean age through visual and literary sources in this comprehensive study guide.
- Delve into Mycenaean architecture, its legendary founders, features and purposes – including the Cyclopean Walls.
- Explore key artefacts, from jewellery and pottery to tombs and death masks with accompanying images
4 activity types:
- Example questions
- Guided activities
- Consolidation tasks
- Independent research
Plus! A full-colour PDF is included so that students can benefit from looking at the visual sources in colour!
This easy-to-use pack in two sections covers all prescribed sources, and varied unseen sources, such as additional Mycenaean sites and the Postern Gate.
Sources for success
GCSE-friendly notes and varied activities enable core skills development in the use of sources for the GCSE OCR Classical Civilisation ‘Thematic Study’ and ‘Literature and Culture’ components.
Students learn how to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the prescribed material and draw informed conclusions through examples and guidance.
After building confidence, students challenge themselves with independent research tasks, practice questions and unseen sources.
Comprehensive coverage of source types:
Key exam requirements covered:
- Understand literary and visual/material sources
- Use source materials to understand social, historical and cultural contexts
- Convey significance of these contexts through informed judgement
- Understand possible interpretations from different audiences
Also available: Roman City Life Study Guide for GCSE OCR
Easy to read – L Ashley, Head of Classics & Peer Reviewer
An invaluable companion to the OCR textbook; information is more detailed and more clearly presented than in the textbook. – J King, Head of Classics & Peer Reviewer
A valuable high-standard resource. – S Tanner, Classics Teacher & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £99
Click here for full details and to order.