Though Chaucer lived over 600 years ago, fundamentally he wrote of human relationships and behaviour. The Merchant’s Prologue and Tale is a story that deals with gender, youth, marriage, infidelity, power, deceit and delusion. In guiding your students to understand the language, this resource reveals the tale as wholly recognisable and universally human.
Challenge your eager students with illuminating notes and activities, including a close analysis of key extracts, to discover the text’s enduring relevance.
Look out for!
- Further reading suggestions
- Detailed analysis of key extracts
- Sample answers and commentary for all exam boards
Comprehensive notes, questions/ and exam-preparation material investigating the influential contexts and themes of The Merchant’s Prologue and Tale for a fuller, more sophisticated understanding. Pitched to the 2015 AS and A Level specifications, these packs inspire your strongest students to go the extra mile in their journey towards exam success.
Pushing high achievers…
- Informative notes encourage students to think independently about the core aspects of the text, including characters, form, genre and themes
- Packed with questions to promote intelligent discussion – the perfect springboard for higher-level analysis
- Suggestions for wider reading empower students to foster an individual critical stance towards the play
To reach those top marks!
- Exam-style questions provide extensive practice for creative, unique responses
- Higher-level sample answers with examiner commentary help students recognise what makes a good answer
- Revision and exam tips help students focus answers to gain top marks
- A carefully constructed historical timeline
- Indicative content for all questions
“An excellent and thoughtful resource clearly [aimed] at high-ability learners and gave extra information that could be passed on to pupils to stretch and challenge the most able.
The content was detailed, specific and contained evidence of critical engagement with the text that would push high ability pupils and develop their knowledge.
The educational value of this resource lies in its robust intellectual merit: the discussion of the text is excellent and delves deeply into its possible meanings and different ways in which it could be approached.
This was perfectly suited to the specification.” – J Hathaway, Head of English & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £54
Click here for full details and to order.