Boost exam recall with this bank of stimulating, easy-to-use, topic-by-topic activities. Ensure they know the key Acts of Parliament and cases that will help them to achieve the highest possible grades for the new 2020 OCR A Level specification.
Content updated for the new 2020 specification!
Every topic includes a variety of activities designed to reinforce different skills.
- Learn: Learning Grids help students to recognise the outcomes and significance of each case and increases understanding – a great, easy-to-set homework task!
- Reinforce: ‘Match-up’ and ‘Dominoes’ provide a useful bank of starter and plenary tasks to help reinforce knowledge of key cases.
- Revise: ‘Flash cards’ and ‘make your own glossary’ are ready-made for revision and ensure students retain the key information.
Revision CD includes ‘Match-up’ Dominoes and Flash Card PDFs
- A ready-made reference list for OCR Law
- Clear ‘at a glance’ summaries, making cases easier to recall in an exam
- Promotes active learning & supports weaker learners through structured activities
- GO PDF: add 20% to also get resources on CD in PDF for easy sharing on your network/VLE
- GO EDITABLE: add 50% to also get resources on CD in Word+PDF for easy printing & editing
‘I think that this is a very useful resource which allows for learning and retrieving of knowledge of key cases. This is reinforced through the variety of activities which will be useful to reinforce the knowledge of the cases and provide variety in one of the things students find hardest about the Law specification – learning all the cases!
I particularly like the clear grid of cases at the start of the activity pack which lists the key cases for the topic/subtopic – this gives students a good overview of the key cases that need to be remembered for their examinations.
I also like the ranking of the cases in priority order, using the star ranking. This is very good to enable students to highlight the key cases they need to remember for each topic – one of the things I am commonly asked by students is “what cases do I REALLY need to know?” and this resource makes this clearly known.
I very much like the advice on Key Cases which is useful to students in application questions – it reiterates the importance of some cases over others and which are vital to explain key points of law.
I like the variety of resources available – the idea of having flash cards ready created for students rather than them having to create their own, is a time saver and allows them to practice using the cases rather than creating the resource.
It enhances student’s ability to spend time on learning cases and practice using them in assessment questions as opposed to spending time creating their own revision aid for the knowledge of cases.
It promotes the development of retrieval practice and use of metacognition in revision as it enables students to revise key cases in a variety of methods.
This is a very beneficial educational resource as it also frees up teachers from creating lengthy case activities – the activities will be very engaging to use in the classroom and during independent study so is well worth the money!
I believe it would save me time from developing resources to learn cases as well as benefiting students in terms of retrieving knowledge of cases using a variety of recall methods.’ – J Watkinson, Leader of Teaching & Learning and Innovation, Teacher, Examiner & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £64-99
Click here for full details and to order.