Fine tune technique and boost grades!
The exam technique guide first shows students exactly what examiners are looking for, followed by a practice exam to practise writing winning answers!
1. Exam Technique Guide
- Each question type deconstructed with example questions and answers – plus examiner commentary!
- Activities for independent, pair or group work include:
- Compare answers and ‘fix’ poor ones – facilitating critical analysis of what makes a good exam answer
- Work through original 12-, 24- and 30-mark questions, with writing frames and essay plans to support them
2. Original Practice Exam
- Students put their work into practice with a full mock exam.
- Clearly written, detailed mark schemes
“I liked this resource. I thought the students’ introduction a good innovation, especially identifying expectations, and it was up to date eg April 2020,crucial for politics … I particularly liked the specimen answers eg p7 with 2 examples and examiners’ comments and it was often very thorough … It enhances learning by showing how to use content to best effect … The educational value is to practice essay writing and shorter answer skills, which are transferable to other subjects … It matches the spec well … I would purchase this as there is variety in the activities eg marking sample questions, and it also has useful hints re timing and balance. Also the answers are very lucid, particularly to the mock. If we have any more times when we have to teach online, this could furthermore be a helpful resource” – L Ashley, Teacher & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £59
Click here for full details and to order.