Paper 4: Writing
Covers all 12 AQA topics!
Help students improve their essay-writing skills for Paper 4: Writing!
Structured learning and consolidation for Foundation and Higher in three sections
Part 1: Exam Focus Tips
- Reading the question and planning
- Planning the essay
- Useful words and phrases
- Writing in complete sentences
- Improving sentences and paragraphs
- Writing in different tenses
- Checking mistakes
- Annotating model essays
- Continuing the essay
- Understanding AOs
- Finishing touches
Part 1: Building Knowledge
12 units matched to AQA topics:
- Topic vocabulary and exemplary structures build knowledge for corresponding Part 2 exam-style questions
- Varied activities such as match-up, gap-fill, translation and multiple-choice hone comprehension and writing skills
- Exam tips focus on overcoming common difficulties – key to exam success
Part 2: Exam-style Questions
- 36 original exam-style questions based on the GCSE writing exam ensure targeted revision
- 3 questions per topic – 40 words (F), 90 words (F+H) and 150 words (H) – facilitate practice for all students regardless of level
- A self- and peer-assessment grid to help students stay on track
Part 3: Model Essays
- Model essays for all exam-style questions in Part 2 provide exemplary guidance
- Differentiation for grades 4–5, 6–7 and 8–9 allows all students to benefit from tailored solutions
- Suggested additional activities extend learning from model essays
Plus! Answers to all activities enable independent learning as well as classroom learning.
An excellent resource that I would definitely use with my students to prepare them for the writing exam. As we are currently remote teaching, I also think this resource can be used by students independently to practise a range of skills such as writing in different tenses before they complete a writing task. Part 1 – I think this section is fantastic because it of allows students to build up their knowledge of grammar, teaches them to plan and allows them to annotate essays before they have a go at writing their own. I also like the fill in the gap activities and the opportunities that these exercises present for student to practise their reading comprehension skills. Parts 2 & 3 are huge teacher savers as they provide a wide range of all questions that appear on the writing paper and the model answers to use with them. Superbly well, the Understanding AOs provides the clearest of guidance on what the students are expected to write for each question on the paper. I would happily purchase this resource for my department and based on this resource, I would also purchase the French one. – L Howe, Head of Department & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £79
Click here for full details and to order.