Suitable for: WJEC
After winning the Pulitzer Prize, selling over 40 million copies worldwide and being voted ‘Best Novel of the Century’ in 1999, To Kill a Mockingbird’s popularity continues to this day. This comprehensive guide offers targeted, detailed notes and analysis to lead students through the novel and help them to ‘climb into’ the skin of mockingbirds Tom Robinson and Boo Radley and ‘walk around in it’.
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the
chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and
analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores:
Characterisation • Relationships • Setting
• Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language
• Form • Structure • Context
- Student-friendly plot and chapter summaries
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
- Original illustrations
- Exam Guidance section with essay tips, PEE guidance and activities, and a revision checklist
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- ‘Mini vocab guides’ to ensure students grasp difficult terms
- Handy key quotations with analysis to help with essay writing
Suggested answers are provided for questions and activities.
Extremely detailed… The Literature Exam Information page is VERY helpful, as are the exam skills pages… The language models good vocabulary and sets up tasks for students to mimic it. – Peer Reviewer (Previous edition)
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £89
Click here for full details and to order.