Suitable for: WJEC
With its contrasting themes of dreams vs reality and friendship vs loneliness, told through the lens of displaced migrant workers George and Lennie, Of Mice and Men remains an important text of study for GCSE students. This comprehensive study guide offers targeted, detailed notes and analysis that lead students through the novel and aid understanding of Of Mice and Men as a text from a different culture, Great-Depression-stricken North America.
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the
chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and
analysis. All sections are concisely summarised, then examined
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores:
Characterisation • Relationships • Setting
• Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language
• Form • Structure • Context
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Original illustrations
- Exam Guidance section with essay tips, PEE guidance and activities and a revision checklist
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- ‘Knowledge check’ consolidation questions
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Sections focusing in on key quotations
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Includes suggested answers for all activities.
The perfect companion to the Activity Pack for this text.
Excellent. A thorough, interactive guide to the book. Should be purchased by any school teaching this book. Would save teachers a great deal of time… Detailed analysis and explanation. Plenty of help with exam questions. Lots of tasks… Would lead to thorough knowledge and understanding of the text… Good match to syllabus… It’s great!… Congratulations to the author. A lot of work has gone into this. Thanks, that’s a big job done for me in preparing for next year. – R Lodge, HoD & Peer Reviewer (Previous edition)
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £89
Click here for full details and to order.