A creative original story split into 15 mini chapters per pack!
Diverse characters and intriguing storylines tie in with topics of the new specification for fun and useful learning.
Written and recorded by native speakers – students will learn new vocabulary, grammar and expressions while developing their reading and listening comprehension, translation and pronunciation skills.
- Individual chapters in A4
- The entire story in an A5 booklet
- Recordings for every chapter in two formats
☆ Tailored support or challenge!
Two speeds provided per pack:
- Foundation – regular and slow
- Higher – regular and fast
- G+T –– regular and challenging
Regular based on the examined speed.
- A text of 100–150 words (F), 150–200 words (H) or 200–250 words (G+T)
- A glossary of key difficult words to support reading and listening
- A notes box to write additional vocab, queries and opinions, and to keep track of expressions to reuse
Plus! G+T pack: additional ‘Did you know?’ boxes in the target language to boost knowledge
- Three comprehension questions and a translation task per chapter to consolidate learning
- A versatile bank of ideas for additional differentiation, extension, debate and homework tasks
Ideal for classwork, extensions, homework or independent study!
“Being able to understand an entire story of 15 chapters would give students a sense of achievement and this resource could be a useful means of improving comprehension skills by identifying topic-specific vocabulary used in different contexts. There is a good variety of grammar and structures, which could be exploited further to improve students’ speaking and writing skills – in particular the range of past tenses used which could serve as useful models for students to remember when they should use preterite/imperfect/perfect tenses.” –D Rafferty, Teacher & Peer Reviewer
“This is a good, well-thought-out resource which can be used in a variety of ways depending on the ability level of the class. I liked the fact that it uses storytelling as a form of learning new vocabulary and that it is divided into the GCSE topics so clearly. It familiarises students with authentic texts and translation activities, as well as [providing] obvious reading and listening opportunities.” – M Cosgrove, Teacher & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £54
Click here for full details and to order.