Build students’ confidence with unfamiliar listening. Chapters cover key contextual information, skills and knowledge on the area of study, plus activities and exam practice are included in each guide! This detailed analysis is accompanied by annotated score excerpts and definitions of key terms to support students throughout.
- Contextual information on key musical genres, styles and composers provides a foundation
- Covers all of AQA’s specified genres and styles, supported by annotated score extracts
- Key terms definitions throughout and a full glossary reinforce essential knowledge
Practice and Assess
- Engaging activities throughout help students to apply their knowledge
- Concise typical feature revision tables break down the area of study for easy revision
- Exam-style short-answer questions with answers ensure your students are fully prepared for Section A of the exam
Area of Study 3: Traditional Music
Immerse your students in the development of traditional music genres from around the world with this focused analysis. Broken down by AQA’s specified musical elements, this resource provides coverage of:
- blues music from 1920–1950
- fusion music incorporating African and/or Caribbean influences
- contemporary Latin music
- contemporary folk music of the British Isles
Plus! Includes practice of applying knowledge of other musical styles to a traditional piece of music, ensuring students are ready for anything in the exam!
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £69
Click here for full details and to order.