AS Paper 1: Views and Voices ◆ A Level Paper 1: Telling Stories
Enter the poignant fantasy world of The Lovely Bones, in which the tragic death of Susie Salmon opens up extraordinary possibilities, allowing an innovative, constantly developing narrative style and a rare depth of characterisation. Students will explore the all-encompassing themes of growing up, family life, grief, loss and fulfilment from the unique perspective of an exceptional narrator in this modern American classic.
Guide your students through the text with in-depth study notes and activities to explore the linguistic and literary methods by which authors present their fictional worlds. Co-teachable and specifically written for the 2015 AQA Language and Literature specification.
- Preparatory material sets the scene with analysis of context, plot, narrative structure, characterisation and setting
- Chapter-by-chapter walk-through covers the whole novel
- Clear summaries and insightful, student-friendly commentary ensure a full knowledge of each chapter
- Varied activities, including consolidation questions, discussion questions, active learning tasks, extensions and essay questions, deepen understanding and encourage independent interpretation – suggested answers included!
- Whole-text activities focus students on exam preparation – plus comprehensive glossary and bonus genre section for A Level students
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £84
Click here for full details and to order.