Help students build familiarity, develop analytical skills and be perfectly prepared for the appraising paper with set work analysis resources for A Level. Busy teachers and students will find the comprehensive, student-friendly notes and tailored exam practice invaluable.
- Begin with pertinent contextual and biographical information covering the style of each composer along with the social and cultural changes that affected music of the time
- Move into in-depth, accessible analysis supported by annotated score excerpts and key term definitions, deepening knowledge and understanding
- Reinforce learning and encourage independent study with regular, varied activities – ranging from short exercises to test understanding, to longer exploratory questions – answers included!
- Practice questions for each part of the exam for targeted preparation
- Marking made simple with detailed mark schemes!
- Revision summaries, together with advice on timings and mark allocation
- Essential terminology defined in an exhaustive glossary
AoSF: Into the Twenty-first Century: Adès and Beamish
How is music changing in the here and now? Tackle this tricky but stimulating area of study with meticulous bar-by-bar analysis of works by contemporary composers Adès and Beamish. Short activities throughout encourage individual thought or group discussion on the analysis, and an abundance of exam-style questions per set work will ensure your students are prepared for questions on these little-studied, but greatly admired, pieces.
“Well-written… The analysis is very thorough and detailed… There is certainly a high level of subject knowledge and excellent articulation of the requirements of the spec… The resource provides a very good approach to the works. The sample questions are well-chosen and will serve students well.” R Birtles, Teacher & Expert Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £79
Click here for full details and to order.