Encourage independent study with these concise yet comprehensive companions for A Level Eduqas Film Studies. Perfect prior to learning, during study or even as revision material before the exam, these flexible guides provide detailed analysis of key contexts and film form.
A firm focus on the specialist study areas for each film, including: spectatorship, narrative, ideology, auteur, critical
debates, filmmaker’s theories
- Spark interest with engaging notes on plot, style and reception.
- Maintain focus with helpful break down of social, cultural, historical, political and industrial contexts.
- Cover the key content with illuminating exploration of genre, narrative, characters and themes.
- Ensure exam success with higher-level analysis of cinematography, mise en scène, sound, editing and performance.
- Activities to recap and expand learning – perfect for homework tasks.
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts and ‘Did you know?’ boxes to keep students engaged.
Suggested answers are provided for all activities.
Component 1 Section A: Hollywood 1930–1990
Explore the pessimistic dystopia that is Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner. Full of crime-ridden backstreets and forgotten inhabitants of a planetary ghetto; this neo-noir masterpiece is sure to engage students with its deep and significant meaning. Plus! Learn all about Ridley Scott’s signature auteur status with clear links across the guide.
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £36
Click here for full details and to order.