Instil a passion for poetry and enthuse your class with creative ideas. Give your students a head start on the exam with activities cross-referenced to the AOs and accessible for all abilities!
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Introductory activities get students interested and build a foundation for learning. Includes a theme links table to ensure that students are comparing and contrasting from the word ‘go’!
- Poem-by-poem activities encourage students to dig deeper. All 15 poems are explored through a range of thought-provoking pre-, during and post-reading tasks.
- Whole-anthology activities consolidate knowledge, focusing on themes, the poets’ methods and context.
- Practice essay questions prepare students to apply their knowledge in the exam.
Plus! Full indicative content for all practice essay questions and activities!
Activities that encourage independence, including:
- Annotation tasks
- Close analysis tasks
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Group work and discussion tasks
- Drama and storyboarding activities
- Consolidation questions
- Research tasks
and many more!
‘A comprehensive guide! I like the variation of tasks… I also liked the clear guidance on the research tasks… The activities encourage independence… Teachers can ‘cherry-pick’ activities based on a particular class’ or individual’s needs.. In this sense, both teachers and students can ensure that the activities they complete will optimise their learning in relation to the AOs… A valuable resource.’ – C Moran, Teacher & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £79
Click here for full details and to order.