Original podcasts provide authentic and engaging cultural insight!
Designed to inspire gifted and talented GCSE students and spark advanced learning, podcasts and activities showcase challenging language in a natural and informal way.
A male and a female native speaker provide varied cultural perspectives from different target-language countries on topical and challenging issues – based on the GCSE specs – to boost knowledge and generate debate.
Your top learners will:
- hone their listening comprehension skills and develop better pronunciation
- learn new vocabulary and grammar to reuse – including idioms, colloquialisms and key expressions
- apply their knowledge to a variety of stimulating activities
Each podcast is accompanied by a transcript of about 250–300 words and two worksheets.
Worksheet 1 uses the recording with activities on:
- vocabulary and transcribing
- non-verbal comprehension (including choosing the correct summary, picking the correct statements, true or false, multiple-choice, etc.)
- verbal comprehension (including comprehension questions, writing a summary, explaining the meaning of expressions, etc.)
Worksheet 2 uses the transcript with activities on:
- translation – from and into the target language
- speaking OR writing (creative or exam-focused)
A3 speaker profiles provide a fun mind map of the key issues covered across the podcasts for students to fill in.
I am very impressed by the range and challenge of this resource. Its professionalism is also very reassuring. It follows/reflects the topics of the new GCSE in German specification, allowing a contemporary take on each and every one of them. All the themes of the new specification are mirrored in this resource. Pupils are helped to understand a variety of different types of spoken language, identify overall messages, key points, recognise the relationship between past, present and future events. They can take part in short conversations, exchange opinions, convey and narrate events confidently and speak spontaneously in response to unexpected questions. They can also make independent and creative use of written language and translate into and out of the target language.You can really learn stuff by using this resource, both linguistically and culturally. And this is of course, the express intention of the new specification, to move beyond the prescriptive nature of the “traditional” topics into the reality of the lives of young people in the German-speaking world. – J Turner, Languages Consultant & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £79+VAT
Click here for full details and to order.