Scheme of Work for KS3 Drama
A tried-and-tested eight-lesson scheme of work inspired by the events of the 2011 London riots and Gillian Slovo’s thought-provoking play The Riots.
Drama skills developed: mime, ensemble, freeze-frames, physical theatre, devising, radio drama, hot-seating, performing, evaluating
KS3 students will explore verbatim theatre and develop a range of drama skills while engaging with contemporary societal issues.
For each lesson:
- Detailed plans, including starters, mains, plenaries and homeworks – pick up and teach
- Ready-made student worksheets and handouts – no preparation needed
- Supporting PowerPoints with teacher notes – perfect for visual learners and whole-class engagement
- Links to YouTube videos of real-life news reports from around the world keep lessons exciting and dynamic
- Ready-made transcripts provide flexibility and support weaker learners
‘This is a well resourced and highly effective SoW which will give students the opportunity to create a variety of drama performances based around a real life event. Excellent homework tasks that link directly to the learning. This resource allows the students to reflect on consequences of actions and how it is not always good to follow the crowd. I think that although this was written about the London Riots, it could easily be transferred to events that are happening in their own lives. This SoW potentially could help them to weigh up the positive and negative reactions to things that go on around them and encourage them to think for themselves. This SoW links with component 1,2 and 3 of the BTEC specification because in component 1 they ask the students to explore 3 different styles of theatre. Component 2 asks the students to perform an extract of existing repertoire and finally for component 3 they have to create a piece of drama based on an issue/theme.’ – E Halls, HoD & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £54
Click here for full details and to order.