Do your students know the difference between chiasmus, enjambment, asyndeton? Can they successfully describe, analyse and reference Virgil’s Aeneid?
This tailored exam preparation guide covers sophisticated terms in an approachable way, helping students to tackle all the style questions in the Verse Literature B exam, including to the 10-mark question.
Students acquire skills to showcase knowledge of stylistic features through:
- Helpful explanations of key terminology to build knowledge
- Direct references to the Aeneid in Latin and English for exam-focused learning
- Consolidation activities to test themselves
- Sample answers for practical inspiration and guidance on content and style
- Student-friendly tips on how to tackle each style question for thorough preparation
- Descriptions of exam requirements to familiarise students with the marking criteria
- A full practice paper in the style of the exam with original questions for final revision
- Answers and indicative content provided
- Bonus! Insight into translation and grammar for the exam
‘This resource is catered for the OCR exam board and especially the style questions which carry the most marks in the exam. It is really useful for the style questions that candidates will have to answer on the GCSE paper. Each section is separated between the literary techniques that students will need to know and this is accompanied with activities to help candidates work out how to recognise these techniques in the Latin, a skill necessary for the exam. This resources provides excellent and valuable notes for students and teachers on the expectations of the techniques needed for the more difficult style questions.’ – A Prescott, Teacher & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £54
Click here for full details and to order.