Suitable for all specifications!
Stimulating guidance and activities to encourage students to develop their own musical style for the Composition elements of the 2016 GCSE Music specifications.
Organised by musical element, each section includes:
- Key theoretical information in student-friendly language
- Notated examples of the musical style to develop understanding
- Aural and written tasks to help students make connections between musical devices and expression
- Practical tasks to encourage students to apply their knowledge to create well-rounded compositions
- Hints and tips for further support – great for struggling students
- Audio tracks with musical examples included
- Answers and model compositions included
- Plus! Composition progress tracker gives students autonomy over their piece
Good quality throughout… The author uses several examples to illustrate musical points reinforcing the element or musical technicality in different film contexts. Very slick concise writing and will benefit learners’ understanding of film composition… There is a nice variety of activity types clearly mirroring GCSE coursework specs… The technical design of the resource is clearly well thought out and the author has consolidated the key elements of the film composition in the selected examples while understanding all students will create varied individual responses to the resource. This breaks down the learning (and coursework stress) effectively providing good support for learners… I would most definitely use this resource in my GCSE composing curriculum. – R Brown, Teacher & Peer Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £49
Click here for full details and to order.