for KS3 and GCSE Geography
Motivate your students with a passion for global geographical issues and encourage a high uptake of geography at GCSE and beyond. The GEO:Screen resource series teaches a wide range of geographical skills through the screening (and analysis) of a geographical documentary.
Each resource includes:
- A preparation lesson outlining the fundamentals of the topic.
- A structured screening using a timed question grid to get students thinking critically as they watch the film.
- Follow-on lessons to think beyond the documentary and really get to know the issue at stake!
Excellent as a KS3 resource, with a foundation for some KS4 concepts. [on Population] C. Cottam, HoD & Independent Reviewer
- Great for KS3 – GCSE
- Suitable for every specification
- Flexible structure (3–6 lessons, optional homework, and option for flipped classroom!)
Targets specification focussed geographical key skills helping all students to…
- understand and interpret bias.
- research and analyse using primary and secondary sources.
- use enquiry, analytical thought, critical appraisal, and balanced argument.
- make well-evidenced and informed decisions about geographical themes and global issues.
|For Don’t Panic: The Facts About Population (2013)|
Explores how the world’s population has changed over time
and the projected changes for the future. Hans Rosling (Gapminder Foundation) uses statistics in an innovative way to demonstrate that although future population change present challenges we can be hopeful that we’ll cope with these challenges.
|For Before the Flood (2016)|
A look at how climate change affects our environment and
what society can do to prevent the demise of endangered
species, ecosystems and native communities across the planet.
From melting glaciers, to rainforest deforestation Leonardo DiCaprio examines the world’s dependence on fossil fuels.
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £49
Click here for full details and to order.