Suitable for all specifications!
Stimulating guidance and activities to encourage students to develop their own musical style for the Composition elements of the 2016 GCSE Music specifications.
Organised by musical element, each section includes:
- Key theoretical information in student-friendly language
- Notated examples of the musical style to develop understanding
- Aural and written tasks to help students make connections between musical devices and expression
- Practical tasks to encourage students to apply their knowledge to create well-rounded compositions
- Hints and tips for further support – great for struggling students
- Audio tracks with musical examples included
- Answers and model compositions included
- Plus! Composition progress tracker gives students autonomy over their piece
‘The writing is detailed and informative, offering a wide variety of suggestions and prompts for helping students with composing. It is structured very clearly, by musical element, enabling the student to look carefully into each area and ensure that nothing is missed… Answers are clear, detailed and helpful. The model answers for melodies etc. are particularly useful… This is a thorough resource which students can either go through from start to finish, or dip into according to which musical element they need more help with. This makes it accessible and flexible!’ – R Shapey, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘The concept of a resource like this is a really good idea as the composition element of a music course is one that students often struggle with and especially when it comes to articulating their thoughts musically… I really like the activities in the resource that ask the student to stop and think about contextual examples of the musical elements that are being discussed.’ – P Hughes, Music Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £39
Click here for full details and to order.