Suitable for all specifications!
Stimulating guidance and activities to encourage students to develop their own musical style for the Composition elements of the 2016 GCSE Music specifications.
Organised by musical element, each section includes:
- Key theoretical information in student-friendly language
- Notated examples of the musical style to develop understanding
- Aural and written tasks to help students make connections between musical devices and expression
- Practical tasks to encourage students to apply their knowledge to create well-rounded compositions
- Hints and tips for further support – great for struggling students
- CD with musical examples included
- Answers and model compositions included
- Plus! Composition progress tracker gives students autonomy over their piece
‘The writing overall is excellent. The resource is well set out with clear descriptions and very useful activities which provide students with clear directions on planning the various elements of their own compositions.’ – T Scamell, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘An excellent and much needed resource on how to approach the teaching of the composition element for GCSE students of mixed ability… The resource is appropriately challenging and stimulating with an interesting range of activities organised under elements of music headings… The resource addresses the student as a complete musician with pertinent references to Western Classical Music repertoire and research tasks that will bring greater knowledge and understanding to composition. This holistic approach is of great educational value to the music classroom… The resource is a perfect match to the specification as it goes to great lengths to provide links with all the elements taught within a Music GCSE.’ – E Russell, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £39
Click here for full details and to order.