Translations and textual analysis of both Prose and Verse set
texts for the GCSE exams in 2020-21. Each text is broken
down into manageable chunks, translated into English and
accompanied by meaningful notes on style, grammar and literary
effects. Additionally, for each text: a brief biography of the
author, cast list showing key relationships and ideas for further
For each section of the text:
- Aided translation activity – suggested word order, additional
vocabulary and comprehension questions all support students in
making sense of the Latin
- Widely spaced Latin text next to clear translation – perfect
balance between literal, easy-to-follow translations & an
eloquent rendering of the text
- Detailed student-friendly notes deepen their appreciation of
- Overview and biographical notes put the work in context
- Key technical vocab highlighted – glossaries included
- Practice Exam Questions with mark schemes – fully prepare
your students for the exams!
‘I like the author’s style – nicely written, with a good turn of phrase that is engaging without being imbecilic or overly formal… The numbered Latin really helps with translation at GCSE.’ – C Bird, Latin Teacher & Independent Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £49
Click here for full details and to order.