Take the mystery out of unfamiliar listening!
Essential packs prepare students for Question 5 (Section B) of the exam. Students can’t know what music will come up in the exam, but they can have all of the analytical tools at their disposal!
Each resource contains 10 exercises packed with practice on each of Edexcel’s Areas of Study that gradually build in difficulty:
- Start with warm-up exercises to build confidence
- Proceed to longer-answer questions to improve technique
- Progress naturally to exam-style questions to apply knowledge
As students work through each of the carefully structured tasks they will:
- revise key terminology
- listen to music analytically
- improve their aural skills
- draw links between works
Easy to set and quick to mark!
Covers Edexcel’s Musical Elements:
- Tempo, metre and rhythm
- Dynamics and articulation
Area of Study 2: Instrumental Music
Give students crucial practice for this wide-ranging topic with a pack that covers a multitude of instrumental styles, forms and genres by composers from Handel to Poulenc.
Fully co-teachable! ‘AS extension’ and ‘A Level only’ tasks provided to teach late Romantic and programme music!