Prepare students for the unfamiliar listening section of the exam with these comprehensive guides. Each provides contextual information, breakdown of musical elements, activities and exam practice for each area of study! Detailed commentary is accompanied by annotated score excerpts and definitions of key concepts, deepening knowledge and understanding.
- Contextual information on musical style and key composers provides a foundation for study.
- Covers all of Edexcel’s suggested wider listening plus even more pieces from the period.
- Thorough notes on Edexcel’s musical elements ensure all key areas are covered.
- Interspersed technical terms and a full glossary reinforce the key terminology.
- Information and tips show students how to succeed.
- Concise revision summaries and engaging activities check and apply knowledge.
- Exam-style questions with mark schemes and indicative content ensure your students are fully prepared for the exam.
Instrumental Music 1700–1820
Explore this key period of Western musical history in a wealth of detail. Includes a wide variety of activities, such as listening and appraising and group work, to suit all of your students’ needs!
- Tempo, metre and rhythm
- Dynamics and articulation
‘Excellent, creative and engaging activities are included to embed learning of the period and teach musical theory at the same time. The activities are suitable for all abilities. Excellent musical examples and listening examples are given throughout.’ – S James, Music Teacher & Independent Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £79
Click here for full details and to order.