Give your class all the knowledge, skills and practice they need with these targeted and flexible study guides for each Area of Study. By exploring the historical context of the period, studying musical elements, and applying knowledge to activities and exam-style questions, students will be completely familiar with the Area of Study!
Regular analysis activities with answers help students actively apply their new understanding and engage with the music – and annotated musical examples, listening links and key term definitions support learning throughout.
Perfect exam preparation
- Boost retention with 1-page revision summaries and comprehensive glossaries
- Prepare for the listening paper with practice exam-style questions and answers
|AoS 5: Conventions of Pop||Study the transformation of pop from the 1950s to the present day with a comprehensive approach that introduces contextual information in chronological order before delving deeper into each subtopic.|
Covers all of OCR’s suggested repetoire:
Rock ‘n’ Roll of the 1950s and 1960s
- Elvis Presley: ‘Hound Dog’
- The Beatles: ‘Saw Her Standing There’
- The Beach Boys: ‘Surfin’ USA’
Rock Anthems of the 1970s and 1980s
- Queen: ‘We Will Rock You’
- Bon Jovi: ‘Livin’ On A Prayer’
- Guns and Roses: ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’
Pop Ballads of the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s
- Elton John: ‘Candle In The Wind’
- Bette Midler: ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’
- Bob Dylan: ‘Make You Feel My Love’
Solo Artists from 1990 to the Present Day
- Michael Jackson: ‘Black or White’
- Kylie Minogue: ‘Can’t Get You Outta My Head’
- Adele: ‘Someone Like You’
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Price is £79
Click here for full details and to order.