Explore this hilariously British coming-of-age novel about an unconventional friendship between a cynical, immature middle-aged man and an eccentric, troubled 12-year-old boy with this focused Study Guide. Break down the text’s likeable characters, meaningful themes and literary depth with supportive analysis and comprehensive tasks.
- Walkthrough – Build understanding with insightful and relevant analysis for each chapter.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: characterisation • themes • writer’s techniques • language • narrative stance
- Exam help – Assessment objective guidance and exam tips ensure students feel well prepared in the run-up to the exam.
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Tasks and questions to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Useful quotations with analysis to encourage close reading skills
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days. If you need your resource(s) during the holidays, but your school is not open for deliveries, then please call us to place your order and discuss available options.
Price is £69
Click here for full details and to order.