Learning through songs for AS and A Level French
Authentic music from francophone countries
Enhance cultural knowledge in an active and engaging way!
Students listen to authentic francophone songs
from diverse cultures, genres and countries to improve their
French language and listening skills.
Real-world issues, such as immigration,
relationships, work and festivals help them to revise important
topics featured in the exams.
- Stromae, Carmen (2015)
- Amélie-les-crayons, Lettre à Francis (2016)
- Tiken Jah Fakoly ft Soprano, Ouvrez les frontières
- Cœur de Pirate et Julien Doré, Pour un infidèle
- Gaël Faye, Petit pays (2013)
- Big Flo et Oli, Je suis (2016)
- Nancy Logan, Viser plus haut (2016)
- Agnès Bihl, La manif (2014)
- Fréro Delavega, Autour de moi (2016)
- Léa Paci, Pour aller où ? (2016)
1 worksheet per song, 4
- Understanding the song lyrics:
vocab-based activities help students understand the song and
learn new expressions
- Putting the song into context: a
reading activity based on a text introducing the singer or the
band, followed by a translation exercise for comprehension
- Analysing the meaning of the song:
in-depth exercises to develop students’ analytical skills,
followed by a writing task and a class debate to stimulate
- Your opinion: students express their
opinion on the song and justify it – an important skill for
speaking and writing
For use in class or as homework!
Price is £59 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.