Step-by-step guidance, skills-based activities and exam-style questions help students prepare for the writing summaries tasks.
Tackling this new question in the 2016 specs can be challenging! This pack breaks down both the listening and reading tasks for effective learning:
- PART 1 – Working on skills
- PART 2 – Consolidation exercises
- PART 3 – Exam-style questions
AS/A Level Year 1 subtopics are paired with 9 core skills:
- Analysing the question
- Key words in listening and reading
- Taking notes while listening
- Organising ideas
- Using your own words to paraphrase
- Useful phrases
- Agreement of tenses
- Writing in full sentences
- Correcting mistakes
- Includes answers, recordings on CD, transcripts and indicative content for exam-style questions.
Flexible! For use in class, as homework and as exam revision.
This is really one of the best resources I have seen for A Level and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. I like that the resource is very methodical and that it breaks down the summary task into bite-sized tasks, which I feel really equips students with the skills to do well in the exam.
– G Smith, Head of Spanish and Ind. Reviewer
I would be very happy to use this invaluable resource in my teaching. The content is high-quality, it is well structured and focuses on a new type of task appearing in the AS/A Level Year 1 exam.
– I Simó-Arroyo, Teacher, Examiner and Ind. Reviewer
Superb – very helpful with clear examples of how to do each step of writing a summary from reading the question to checking the final answer. Thank you for a fabulous resource which will save me many hours of preparation. More of this for A Level please!
– J Tipton, Teacher, Examiner and Ind. Reviewer
Price is £69 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.