Tackle this challenging new exam requirement with comprehensive, fully differentiated packs written specifically for the 2016 specifications. Split into:
- Practice section: 19 Foundation and 19 Higher worksheets, with preparation tasks developing useful translation techniques and relevant vocabulary
- Exam section: 12 sets of two-way translation tasks for both Foundation and Higher
- Gradually builds students’ skills and teaches them strategies for translating from and into Target Language – ensure they are ready to tackle any exam text!
- Full coverage of the 2016 specification – topics, grammar and vocabulary mirror the specification
- Exam-style translation mark schemes and model answers – so you know what to expect
- Flexible: ‘Teachers can use the resource as classwork and homework or students can even use it as self-study’ (review from N Booth). Also suitable for exam revision.
‘An excellent resource that focuses on translation skills and grammar activities with some brilliant translation practice worksheets included as follow up.’ – J Ermina, Independent Teacher and Examiner.
‘A very good resource for pupils to practise their translation skills and it matches the challenges of the new GCSE specification well. This resource gives pupils ample opportunities to practise their translation skills on a topic basis. It gives pupils some useful hints and tips to think about when translating and I feel that it also provides challenging translations for high ‘Achieving pupils.’ – S Peterson, Head of Spanish and Independent Reviewer
‘An effective resource to practise new elements of the new specification. (…) The different styles of questions themselves enhance learning and develop both grammatical awareness and idiomatic expressions. I am excited about this new element to the spec as I believe it is an essential part of language learning and this resource develops those skills.’ – J Blencoe, Spanish Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘Fabulous! I like the fact that it is tiered into Higher and Foundation, and I find incredibly useful that it comes with actual exam tasks that can be used thoroughout the year as assessments. The scaffolding of tasks provides appropriate support for weaker students. I really like how the vocabulary tasks help introduce the topic and the fact that students are invited to use logic to solve tasks (…) There is a great variety of structures, tenses, connectives, conjuctions…. It is a very comprehensive resource.’ – R Bravo, Spanish Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘An excellent resource which I believe will become very popular. It is a very effective step by step guide to translation that teachers can use as classwork, homework or students can even use it as self-study. I particularly admire the broken down approach to tacking quite a difficult skill. There are so many exercises that students will have the opportunity to master this skill in preparation for the written examination paper and develop their overall grammatical approach which will support students’ writing and speaking skills. The fact that each topic has been covered in detail means that students will be able to practice their skills throughout the GCSE course.’ – N Booth, Head of MFL and Independent Reviewer
Price is £89 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.