From selecting texts to the final performance, address all aspects of creating a text-based performance with this exciting pack!
Five progressive chapters:
- Selection and exploration of texts
- Selection, exploration and interpretation of key extracts
- Character development
- Staging and design
- Final performance preparation
24 practical and non-practical activities for use with any text will enthuse and engage students and ensure they get the most from every line and stage direction.
- Stimulating exercises fuel creativity and energise students’ performances:
- Bring out characters’ inner beasts with transformative tasks
- Experience the sights and sounds of the play through installations and soundscapes
- Banish pre-performance nerves using ‘what if…?;’ techniques
- Use as whole lessons, or to provide focus in a student-led rehearsal session
- Fully matched to all requirements of Component 2: Performance from Text
- Handy overview grid with key activity information – for quick and easy planning!
- Ready-to-use student worksheets – minimal preparation needed!
Activities include: Top 10 ★ Group Collage ★ Stereotype Opinions ★ Timeline ★ Emotional Graphs ★ Exaggerated Emotions ★ Inside Out ★ Lead with Your Body ★ Animal Characteristics ★ How to Get What You Want ★ Lights, Camera, Action! ★ Dressing the Part ★ Lighting the Frame ★ Soundscapes ★ What If ★ Focus In ★ Speeding Through ★ Pass the Stick
‘The content is of a high quality… I will begin delivering this component in January/ February 2017 and would be happy to use this resource as an introduction to text in performance’ – E Haynes, Drama Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £59 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.