Original translation and detailed commentary – including notes on style, grammar and context, picking up where the set text notes end. Give it to students either as a complete companion, or as handouts to support your class teaching. The perfect complement to the set text!
AS and A Level
- All styles of exam questions including AS 10-mark and A Level 20-mark essay questions
- Detailed notes on metre and context for A Level students
- Latin text provided alongside a precise but clear translation
- Detailed line-by-line notes on grammar, translation, style and context
- Activities and practice exam questions help students engage with and develop an in-depth appreciation of the text
- Specifically designed to support students in areas identified for improvement in examiners’ reports
- Written by an experienced examiner
- Glossary of linguistic terms
‘The notes are superb… I thought it was thorough, well laid out, and clearly written. The author has excellent knowledge of the topic. The notes on literary criticism and mythological allusions was excellent, being clear, easy to understand and detailed. The introduction to the poets included helpful material: their life and an overview of content and style of their writing… I especially liked the tone of the notes, which used the 1st person (giving it a personal feel, and helpful for the Latin, Greek and Classical Civilisation exam requirements which reward use of personal response – something students find hard to incorporate when they have studied e.g. History, which demands an objective style).’
– A Webb, Head of Classics & Independent Reviewer
Price is £59 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.