These stimulating activity packs ensure students get to grips with essential musical terminology for the 2016 Music specifications. The perfect addition to your teaching for listening and appraising.
Every key term from the spec is defined and taught through a series of engaging activities and memory games including: Match-up, Table Fill, Crosswords (plus interactive versions), Bingo, Dominoes and Flash Cards. Also includes a topic-by-topic glossary, with both blank and completed versions – great for revision!
Activities are provided on a CD-ROM which can be copied directly onto your school network and accessed through a custom interface. All activities are available in PDF format for easy printing, too.
- Varied and appealing activities build confidence and familiarity with musical language
- Student-friendly definitions make complex terms accessible to all
- Totally flexible – hand out worksheets to groups or individuals, in class or for homework
- Comprehensive solutions included for easy marking – an invaluable revision tool!
Spec content is broken down into 20–30 manageable topics based on musical elements and areas of study, so you can fit the activities into any lesson.
But that’s not all…
- Interactive audio crosswords for instruments and intervals, where clues are playable sounds – improve aural recognition
- Visual match-ups for intervals, scales and key signatures – develop score reading skills
Topics covered for GCSE OCR:
Articulation & Dynamics; Conventions of Pop; Film Music; Harmony & Tonality (1 & 2); Instruments/Ensembles/Timbre (1 & 2); Intervals; Keys; Key Signatures; Melodic and Compositional Devices; Melody/Pitch; Musical Periods and Voices, Ensembles & Timbre; Notation (1 & 2); Rhythm; Rhythms of the World (Calypso & Samba); Rhythms of the World (African Drumming); Rhythms of the World (Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East); Rhythms of the World (Indian Classical Music and Punjabi Bhangra); Structure & Large Structures; Technology (1 & 2); Tempo; Texture; The Concerto Through Time; Video Game Music
Price is £69+VAT — Digital resource on CD plus 146 photocopiable A4 pages. Includes site/copy licence. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.