Translations and textual analysis of Prose set texts for the GCSE exams from 2018 onwards.
Each text is broken down into manageable chunks, translated into English and accompanied by meaningful notes on style, grammar and literary effects.
Additionally, for each text: a brief biography of the author, cast list showing key relationships and ideas for further study.
- Aided translation activity – suggested word order, additional vocabulary and comprehension questions all support students in making sense of the Latin
- Widely spaced Latin text next to clear translation – perfect balance between literal, easy-to-follow translations & an eloquent rendering of the text
- Detailed student-friendly notes deepen their appreciation of the text
- Overview and biographical notes put the work in context
- Key technical vocab highlighted – glossaries included
- Practice Exam Questions with mark schemes – fully prepare your students for the exams!
‘Easy to use and very helpful as a teacher. I felt it provided me with useful material, especially as a background to the text. I also enjoyed it, which speaks volumes! The notes gave enough detail without overwhelming the student.The author warms to his subject and I think the student will find this inspirational… I like the feeling of the text’s accessibility which the author gives to the student. The conversational style of the notes helps the students to realise that these ancient writings have something to say which will strike a chord with them. This helps to create a positive approach to the text rather than an attitude of drudgery! I liked: the timeline; the ability to convey the pathos in the text, particularly in The Ideal Daughter text; the summary of incidences of chiasmus, asyndeton etc. in the Glossary of Terms; the rigorous attention to the literary detail of the text and the requirements of the exam; the comparison of ancient attitudes with modern day responses e.g. Arria would have been taken into care by social services!’ – R Millar, Head of Latin & Independent Reviewer
Price is £49 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.