Let your students have fun with language!
A pack of eight original, genre-based short stories, plays and poems designed to enthuse and enable students across KS3. With a wealth of differentiated pre- and post-reading activities, these imaginative and unique texts promise authentic reading material at the perfect level.
- Fun, inventive and relatable texts to engage and motivate students – no dry textbook style!
- For every text:
- Pre-reading activities provide context and enable understanding
- Post-reading activities break story down into bite-sized chunks and encourage students to exploit their new-found knowledge
- Vocabulary builders, comprehension questions, translation practice, creative tasks and more!
- Popular genres pique students’ interest
- Fully differentiated – supports weaker students while stretching the most able
- Includes full translations of texts and answers to all tasks
Fully geared towards the new National Curriculum, these texts introduce students to higher echelons of language while building on what they already know. Also great preparation for the new GCSE’s!
‘It presents students with a topic that is rarely found on textbooks, and that they find interesting, boosting their motivation. It also gives students a chance to consolidate and expand their vocabulary, and the opportunity to write their own stories, thus exercising their creative skills and giving them a chance to play with language. It can be used for self-study and in this way it helps developing students’ autonomy.’ – L A Garcia, Spaish teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘I have been looking for short graded readings in Spanish for a while. Unfortunately, I didn’t seem to find anything that would relate to the current KS3 curriculum. However, this resource has changed my luck! I am very pleased to have come across it since it provides an invaluable source of reading practice based on literary texts that students are bound to enjoy.I think this is a very good resource that any teacher should keep handy since it will provide endless moments of fun in the classroom while revising essential grammar and vocabulary, as well as being a source of inspiration and enhancing the pupils’ cultural awareness.’ – D Medina, Spanish Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘I believe that it can be used to prepare students to face literary and authentic texts well in advance of their GCSE course in a relaxed manner and can be used to build up the base of their literary vocabulary, understanding and expectations.’ – M Vila, Spanish Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £49 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.