Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of Bernhard Schlink’s triumphant post-war parable about the struggle to come to terms with the past. Students will get to know Der Vorleser inside out and be fully prepared for the AS and A Level writing exams.
- Before: Introductory tasks cover background to the novel and the author. Includes special section to expand students’ literary vocabulary and facilitate critical analysis.
- During: The comprehensive chapter-by-chapter analysis ensures thorough understanding. Students consolidate their knowledge of the novel through comprehension and reflection questions. Followed by critical examination of themes, characters, symbols and literary technique.
- After: Bespoke exam section covering new exam requirements, tips for planning and writing literary essays, and sample essay with marking activity.
‘Good vocab lists in German which gives students keywords but also makes them do some work by working out the meanings (…) I think that this resource would be extremely helpful for a teacher, especially as it includes the solutions to the questions. A teacher would also be able to pick and choose certain parts and use this resource when planning their scheme of work on Der Vorleser’
– S Davidson, German Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘I thought that the resource was a comprehensive and authoritative study guide to one of the most important German literary works of the last 20 years. It provides students with the chance to study the holistic picture, as well as the text itself, by looking in depth at themes raised. The educational value of the resource is vast.’
– N Jeffery, German Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £79 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.