Elements of Crime Writing / Elements of Political and Social Protest Writing
- New-to-them texts get students comfortable with unseen extracts
- Models close reading to support Section A
- Familiar extracts and references to studied texts support your set-text teaching for Sections B and C
- Further reading suggestions inspire independent study
- Including both extract-based and set-text-based questions, to reflect exam structure
- Full practice exam-style questions for Sections A, B and C
These comprehensive resources, full of thematic notes, literary extracts and skills-based activities, are perfect preparation for Paper 2 – whichever genre you choose.
The definitive companions for teaching Texts and Genres!
- Need-to-know introduction to the genre, with timeline of key texts – engage your class from day one!
- Thematic notes on key topics group all the elements in the spec into manageable sections
- Including literary extracts from set texts and other key works of the genre analysed throughout
- Reflective activities consolidate learning and encourage active engagement
- Essay-skills activities build confidence for the exam, focusing on planning, re-drafting, introductions and conclusions, and focused writing
- Glossary of key contextual and literary terms helps build critical vocabulary for AO1 and AO3
- Answers or indicative content for all activities, and a peer-marking essay checklist, make marking simple
These companions will take you right through the course – use as an introduction to the topic, hand out sections as part of your scheme of work, and use for exam preparation.
‘This is an EXCELLENT resource, entirely suited to the new specification and covers everything that I could think of that my students would need in order to prepare for this examination.’ – E Gardiner, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.