Inspire and challenge your high-achieving students with this dynamic, self-contained workbook, covering eight appealing and well-loved Romantic poems. All resources are provided, so they’ll be in charge of their own learning – keeping busy while acquiring valuable new knowledge and skills.
Before reading, each poem is introduced with:
- Concise poet biography and historical context, including ‘juicy gossip’!
- Key ideas and features to look for while reading
- Student-friendly definitions of key poetic and literary terms
Then students engage with the content and build analytical skills with structured, progressive activities:
- Comprehension questions and summary-writing challenges test knowledge
- ‘Tuff Stuff’ extension questions use higher-order thinking
- Creative activities invite active and interdisciplinary learning
Plus! ‘Help Desk’ pages give suggested answers and ideas for each poem
GCSE students will enjoy the light-hearted language, combining educational content with a sense of fun. As the author says, ‘students will be so joyfully busy that they aren’t even aware of quite how much they are learning!
‘One of the best resources I have seen ever! This comical, yet appropriate and factual resource amazed me. I have no doubts that this would go down a treat amidst G+T pupils… The tasks are apt and useful… The humour is brilliant and it doesn’t get in the way of the information the resource conveys. It will help to engage the students further in poetry – something I feel is desperately needed. It will push the very smartest to achieve great things in English. I love this resource!’ –T Hollins, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £44 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.