Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this classic story of life during the Spanish Civil War. Students will get to know the play Las bicicletas son para el verano inside out and be fully prepared for the AS and A Level writing exams.
Written specifically for the 2016 specifications, the structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Introductory tasks covering social and cultural context and the author and his influences provide students with the basic knowledge to begin their study. Includes research exercises.
- During: The comprehensive scene-by-scene analysis ensures thorough understanding. Students will consolidate their knowledge of the events of the play while examining related themes and issues. Activities include vocab, translation, comprehension and more.
- After: Full analysis of themes, characters, symbolism, style and structure encourages students to think critically about the play and evaluate its wider relevance. Dedicated exam-preparation section helps students to apply what they have learnt. Includes exam-style practice questions, essay-writing guidance, sample answers and marking activities.
‘It is a great resource. It is engaging (it uses prediction, it connects with students previous knowledge, it creates groups work, it requires creative skills, …), it has a great variety of activities and links to extra material (extra resources for stronger students) and it requires an active role to students at all times.The resource offers meaningful and varied activities, contextualised key-vocabulary, an approach to Spain´s most crucial recent historical event (the civil war and the division between a very traditional part of the society and more liberal sectors) and the effect it had in people’s life, as well as to one of its most relevant actors / writers, covers the four main skills and the common activities for AS and A Level.’
– H Cambero, Spanish Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘A very useful guide to this text. There are few resources currently available for the teaching of this text and so this resource will prove invaluable to all teachers, whether experienced or new to teaching. The guide covers the plot very well and there are sections on areas such as themes, imagery, language, special effects and symbols. All of these are requirements of the new specification’
– G Stephenson, Head of Department, Examiner and Independent Reviewer
Price is £89 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.