Boost students’ confidence in analysing unseen fiction and non-fiction texts with these rich and comprehensive banks of ❶ extracts with ❷ student activities and ❸ exam-style questions.
Full preparation for the reading sections of the AQA GCSE English Language specification:
❶ Carefully considered extracts
- Includes 8 debate-provoking extracts – or pairs of extracts for comparative packs
- Wide range of intriguing themes from secret societies to beauty blogging – mirrors the unpredictability of the Reading exams and prepares students for tricky texts
❷ Accompanying introductory and differentiated worksheets
- Clearly structured pre-reading, comprehension and analysis activities for each extract
- Develop key analytical skills needed for exam success
- Answers to all activities – ideal for quick marking!
1. Scaffolded activities allow lower-ability students a straightforward way into the text
2. ‘Taking it Further’ extension sheets challenge high achievers!
❸ Exam-style questions for every question type
- Apply learning and improve exam technique
- Plus! Full student-friendly mark schemes – perfect for self-assessment and identifying areas for improvement
Embed in lesson plans or hand out for individual study!
‘This is a fantastic resource, that I believe could be used with groups of really high ability down to those of lower ability… This follows the specification really well, accurately ‘translating’ the AOs to something understandable by students and teachers. Exam questions mirror that of the exams, like the extracts do.’ – T Hollins, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.