Students will build familiarity, develop analytical skills and be perfectly prepared for the appraising paper with co-teachable set work analysis resources for AS and A Level. With so many pieces to study, busy teachers and students will find the comprehensive, student-friendly notes and tailored exam practice invaluable.
- Accessible bar-by-bar commentary for all prescribed sections with just the right amount of detail, enhanced by musical quotations and key term definitions
- Regular, engaging activities to maintain focus and encourage students to discover the music for themselves
- Ensure students are exam-ready with Edexcel-style short-answer questions, melodic transcription practice, and essay questions
- Marking made simple with full mark schemes!
- Develop contextual understanding with background information on genre, historical context, and composers & performers
- Revision summaries and guidance on comparing music
- Comprehensive glossary focuses students on key terminology
Music for Film (co-teachable)
Bernard Herrmann’s Psycho(A Level only); Danny Elfman’s Batman Returns; Rachel Portman’s The Duchess
The Duchess analysis informed and checked by the composer, Rachel Portman
Sample essays with commentary give a model for student responses
“An impressive work which demonstrates excellent knowledge, a wealth of appropriate vocabulary and significant relevant content to support students in appreciating, understanding and analysing the set works for this Area of Study. The quality of writing is excellent… There is a significant amount of relevant and accurate analytical detail on each cue within the 3 films. Excellent knowledge and information on stylistic features of composers and compositions.” – L Williams, Music Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £79 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.