Get to know the rebellious residents of Manor Farm and explore this much-admired novella. Bursting with typically Orwellian symbolism and intrigue, it’s a great text for keeping your whole class involved.
Whether it’s analysing the persuasive techniques of Squealer’s rallying speech or writing a newspaper article on ‘The Battle of the Cowshed’, this pack has all the stimulus you need to revolutionise your Literature lessons!
Really useful, very comprehensive and a breath of fresh air!
C McDonough, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Spoken language and SPaG practice
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class. An ideal complement to the Study Guide for this text.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.
“It’s simply amazing! This resource absolutely matches and interprets this specification due to its high level of accuracy and variation of activities. It varies from exam-type questions to entertaining ones. Very educative, and the way in which it creates an extraordinary connection between the reader’s personal life and the novel is outstanding. This resource fulfilled/exceeded my expectations!” – L de Grazia, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £59 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.