These packs provide a wide range of innovative and stimulating classroom activities designed specifically to cover key topics for the 2016 AQA GCSE specification! Each resource contains 20–30 ‘pick-up-and-go’ activities that fit into your lessons and develop vital historical skills.
A wide variety of activities for students…
- Each core activity covers a clear specification point and in specification order – develops students’ knowledge and understanding of the period in a logical way
- Extension ‘discussion points’ challenge students and develop second-order historical concepts – vital for accessing top marks in the exam
- Four types of keyword activity for every topic with student-friendly definitions for each term – help build confidence and familiarity with need-to-know figures and events
- Timeline activity provides a fantastic visual overview of the time period ¬– great at both the start and end of the course!
… that fit in easily with any lesson!
- Clear teacher instructions for each task including suggested timings – easy to apply in the classroom
- Most activities need no preparation – perfect for cover lessons or starter and plenary tasks
- Answers provided, great for AfL or instant classroom feedback!
I really like this resource as it has a number of really useful activities and resources for a unit which is comparatively new to me. It covers the specification very well and offers a number of different approaches to the teaching of Elizabethan England. I can see it becoming an integral part of the planning and teaching of our GCSE course in the years ahead… I like the different range of tasks involved here and there is plenty for our students to try out. The key words activities are useful in developing student vocabulary… This resource will engage students in a number of different learning tasks. There is no repetition of tasks so students will have a varied diet of learning tools to help increase their knowledge and understanding of the era. – D Wallbanks, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
Price is £49 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.