This comprehensive teaching pack ensures student engagement with a structured combination of detailed notes and ready-to-use worksheets.
Fantastic structure ensures full understanding of the text:
- Background Notes include Chaucer’s verse and critical reception
- Section-by-Section Analysis breaks text down into manageable chunks
- Tracking Questions check understanding
- Indicative Content enables self-marking
- Detailed Whole-Text Discussion of themes and imagery; contexts; and literary approaches
- Exam Preparation ensures students are fully prepared for the Edexcel Component 3 assessment
- Includes practice questions; student-friendly mark scheme; sample answers and writing tips
Encompassing power play, gender relations and social status, The Wife of Bath’s Prologue and Tale contains 21st century-relevant themes set to a background of Arthurian legend and knightly quests. One of Chaucer’s most animated narrators, the Wife of Bath is a fascinating character for A Level students.
‘Very good resource- an excellent overview of the text and contextual factors and some very useful teaching resources.The material on the tale itself is great- detailed and informative. Very useful to subdivide the prologue & tale & some interesting notes on the text with contextual links e.g. comments on the roles of the other characters who interject.Study questions on the text are useful to help give students a basic understanding of the text as they read, and I am pleased that the answers are provided for teachers!’ – H Dyson, English Course Manager and Independent Reviewer
Price is £99 — Includes photocopiable master with site licence; electronic copies available. Orders are normally dispatched in 2-5 working days.
Click here for full details and to order.